Friday 1 February 2013

Pinhappy - be inspired

We all love Pinterest. If you haven't already I encourage you to sign up and use it for knitting/crochet/quilting tutorials or recipes! The categories are large and amazing and you can pin any other recipes/tutorials you find. It's a great way to keep track of your favourite pages on the internet. Don't let your bookmarks get out of control. If you pin it you can always find it again! (This is not sponsored, I promise and if you pin 400 things to one board it may take you a little while to find it!)

Pinterest can be overwhelming at times with the amount of inspiration from completed projects and tutorials. It can be visual overload, but it's a perfect inspiration board.



This year I finally got Pinterest on my phone - and I'm loving the app. I have a bad habit of pinning everything to my inspiration board - it does all inspire me, but it's a lazy way of pinning. Then later sorting it later into categories. One of my goals this year is to go through the tutorials and diy's and repin them to my competed projects/tutorials board with an example of what I made.

I highly recommend you check it out - you can find me at here - Barnicles on pinterest. I'm not promoting the site - I'm promoting creating. I've taught myself so much since discovering pinterest, full of tutorials. To give you an idea here are some of my boards - Food, Embroidery, Sewing ideas/tutorials, wool crafts, my dream studio, photography (full of tutorials+info), paper crafts, quotes, diy's, etc, see them all here!


I believe we don't need a university or tutor to teach us, so much information is in libraries or on the internet we can teach ourselves, even if your grannies are too old! (I kind of wish I was born 10 years earlier so my grandparents were younger and I could learn more from my Granny in America who was an amazing dressmaker and my Granny Judy in cornwall who taught me to knit, crochet, tatting etc.

Enjoy and be inspired, try new things.

Note - do you think pinterest is creating too much inspiration for us or targeting too many people with the same ideas? 

Barnicles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...