Saturday 12 May 2012

This and That

1. You may remember form a past 'this and that' post that I was raving about good knits book called lace love. Lisa from good knits has just released the cordi pattern for FREE. To make your doily broach go here.





2. This is my favourite lucky jackson embroidery. If you haven't heard about lucky jackson's 365 yet you should check out the blog. One embroidery everyday.




3. - Nerdjerk diy on the etsy blog  - how to make a cross stitch brooch. Oh I love free diy's. It makes me like my favourite shops even more when they share the love.


 4. Danielle from sometimes sweet has started a fabulous new series called 'Literate and Stylish' about women and the books they love.
Heres a little info posted from her blog:

"The premise of Literate & Stylish is simple, and the post is short but sweet- every Thursday I'll be showcasing a lovely lady and her favorite book. She'll share a few pretty photos showing off her personal style, along with her book of choice, and tell us why she loves it."


5. How about orange has posted this great DIY on stiffened felt boxes, including a poor girls substitute to wool felt. These are so tidy, and great for organising. I might make some for my jewellry, hair clips or general bits and bobs. I think they would work great without lids for things that need to be viewable.


 6. Great article on knitting tops, tanks and teas with lace on luvinthemommyhood, with information for those afraid of lace, photos, links to patterns and a knitalong.




7.  A note I found while tidying that I had written years ago. I'm not a writer but I struggle with perspective at times, this quote reminds me how easily things can change.

  "Sometimes a tiny thing can give you a new perspective and alot of hope.
Sometimes a little bit of hope goes a long way."


I hope your all having a great weekend. It's actually sunny in Scotland! No more rain, woohoo. I've got lot's of revision to do for an exam on wednesday, which naturally means I'm doing everything else on my list first. The flats looking very clean.

Love Barnicles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...